Maintenance Mechanic (10p-8:30a, Fri-Mon)
Requisition #: 189851
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Night Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: July 22, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
At Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital located in St. Petersburg, FL, we offer first-class pediatric care, along with the best lifestyle anyone could imagine. In the heart of Tampa Bay our main campus and state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida and just minutes from restaurants, beautiful beaches, sports arenas and a multitude of family activities.
We are committed to cultivating, nurturing and hiring the best talent for our organization and believe every person makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families. As you’ll see, we take our work and our fun very seriously. We think you're going to love it here.
Full range of duties associated with the maintenance, repair and inspection of various healthcare facilities and outpatient care center’s utility systems and equipment to ensure safe and reliable operation. Receives instruction and assists in performing a variety of diverse tasks. Exercises technical guidance and operates in accordance to the procedures and policies within the Facilities Department.
***The schedule for this position is Friday-Monday:10pm to 8:30 am***
- Conducts inspection, testing and maintenance on sophisticated electrical, plumbing, steam, and life safety equipment and systems to ensure reliable operation
- Ability to use specialized electronic meters, test equipment, hand and power tools to conduct testing and troubleshooting
- Obtain supplies and equipment needed to perform maintenance repairs, preventive maintenance, inspections and testing on building related equipment
- If working in the outpatient care center would maintain secure environment through the control of keys and reporting all damage or suspicious activity to JHACH Security Department
- Complete proper documentation of service activity to ensure compliance with accrediting agencies
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3 years of healthcare experience or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Ability to complete advanced equipment and system repairs and maintenance
- Ability to effectively communicate with leadership and team members for the purpose of solving equipment or system related problems
- Ability to read and understand the English language, colors, system schematics, drawings, diagrams and prints
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of Fifty (50) pounds without assistance
- __X__ Category 1: Job classification is exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
- __X__ Ability to work from ladder and elevated platforms
- Office setting using computer, attending meetings, and touring buildings
- Repair and Maintenance activities in hot, confined, noisy areas both indoors and outside
- Potential exposure to hazardous energy
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.