Manager, Case Manager
Requisition #: 179948
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Nursing Management/Leadership
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: July 1, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Manager, Case Management provides supervision and administrative oversight to the Case Management Team, and functions as an expert clinical practitioner and skilled manager of clinical systems that impact patient care for a minimum of 50% of his/her time. The Manager, Case Management provides daily management of personnel issues such as performance management and staffing. Under the direction of the Director, serves as an advisor, resource, preceptor and leader for other members of the Case Management Team. The Manager:
- Coordinates interdisciplinary care for a select caseload of patients from pre-admission through post discharge and taking into consideration
the age and development needs of the patient.
- Is responsible for the interdisciplinary coordination of patient care as established by critical paths, managed care contracts, and
individualized interdisciplinary plans of care.
- Mobilizes resources and manages the system(s) in order to respond to concurrent and retrospective variances according to the critical path or
interdisciplinary individualized plan of care.
- Maintains knowledge of and responds to clinical system, and fiscal data related to specific patient populations. - Identifies indicators, collects and evaluates data related to case managed population
-Leads the development, evaluation, and revision of critical paths, analyzing and utilizing aggregate variances and trends to improve clinical, quality, and fiscal outcomes.
- Acts as a preceptor for other case managers in onboarding process.
-Assists in the development of contuning education materials for case managers
Full Time, Day Shift
Work Location: JHH
Pay Grade: CO
* Five years full-time nursing or physicians assistant experience, including minimum two years experience in specialty area
* Additional case management/ disease management or managed care experience preferred.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.