Manager, Central Sterile Processing (Bayview Campus)
Requisition #: 191966
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Sept. 9, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Responsible for all processes associated with cleaning, assembly and sterilization of surgical instrumentation, as well as some storage and transport of specific instrumentation, surgical sets and patient care equipment. Supervises staff members and plans, organizes, implements, and evaluates certification and other educational programs. In collaboration with educator, develops new training programs to meet organizational as well as departmental needs as determined by needs assessment, regulatory requirements, and other pertinent measures. Develops measurement tools to monitor and report quality and productivity within department, on a regular basis. Reports to the Director of Central Sterile Services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prefer candidates with prior experience in sterile processing, manufacturing or factory operational and management experience.
- Professional level of knowledge in educational development and business management.
- Complete understanding of hospital-wide policies and related areas within the Central Sterile Services Department, as well as a knowledge of inventory control, distribution and purchasing, as is normally acquired through five (5) or more years of experience.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding and have worked with a surgical case cart system for a minimum of three (3) years or another assembly line setting. Must have a basic computer skills in software related to materials management, surgical preference lists, and instrument assembly and normal business software applications. Must have advanced interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of hospital management and administration.
- Must understand the different methods of sterilization and be able to demonstrate their use
- Must be able to operate a variety of equipment related to sterilization and decontamination processes, as well as numerous computer applications and office machines.
- Identifies, analyzes, and implements solutions to problems, providing feedback for evaluation and as appropriate to those impacted.
- Produces reports reflecting the activities and productivity of employees as well as the department as a whole; assesses performance improvement opportunities; utilizes measurement tools and reports results; uses and understand instructional materials and administers learning assessment and diagnostic tools.
- Must have a current Certification from the International or American Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management Organization within one year of hire.
Day Shift, Full Time (40 hours)
7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
4940 Eastern Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21224
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.