Manager - Neonatal Nurse Practitioner NNP/APRN (MFNI) Full time, Main Campus
Requisition #: 274278
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Aug. 12, 2020
Works collaboratively with the Director of Advanced Practice and the Physician Chief of the Department or Institute they oversee. Have a proficient understanding and vision of the APP’s scope, education, certification and role utilization here at JHACH. The APP manager will participate in developing structured APP associated metrics for assessing outcomes of APP care and quality metrics within the care model delivery team; in ensuring that APPs meet various state and federal regulatory agency requirements, and ensure that APPs participate in cost-savings and revenue-generating practices. This position contributes to the goals of the department by being accountable for the delivery of compassionate and safe care within the scope of practice as defined by the Florida State Statues and JHACH policy. He/she will maintain a current clinical practice off set by the number of direct reports and division responsibilities.
- Manages assigned staff and functions by assigning work, developing work procedures consistent with organizational policy, establishing work schedules and monitoring work performance performed by subordinates in order to meet agreed-upon goals, objectives, and target dates.
- Performs management functions by interviewing and hiring staff members; providing or arranging for training for subordinates; evaluating performance; and recommending or initiating personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, merit salary increases, or disciplinary action in order to ensure adequate and competent staffing as well as initiating or recommending responses to employee grievances.
- Participate in or lead efforts to assess outcomes of APP care throughout JHACH.
- Ensure that APPs meet or exceed various local, state, and federal regulatory agency requirements.
- Ensure that APPs throughout JHACH have evidence-based practices that support cost-savings and revenue generating initiatives.
- Collaborates with the Director of Advanced Practice to create, support, or lead initiatives to improve the work environment of APPs throughout JHACH.
- Support the shared leadership model of shared governance and actively participates in organizational meetings and committees.
- Clinical Master's or Doctorate Degree in Nursing or Master’s in Physician Assistant Studies
- Current Florida State Licensure as ARNP or PA
- Current BLS and PALS/NRP
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a licensed advanced practice provider in an academic medical center
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience required
- Current National Certification as a: Pediatric Nurse Practitioner- Primary Care, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner-Acute Care, Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.