MANAGER, PATIENT SERVICES
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Support Services (Services/Trades)
- Rotating Shift
Position Summary: Plan, coordinate and manage patient food service activities, complying with the standards. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other departments of the hospital to provide a unified approach to patient care.
- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises kitchen service activities and delivery of food to patient floors. Executes established policies, procedures, techniques and methods to achieve objectives in food service and delivery.
- Ensure compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Coordinates the scheduling, loading, delivery and pickup of food carts.
- Maintains compliance with established policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control. Maintains records, reports, and statistics as required.
- Directs and assists with care and maintenance of equipment/supplies. Maintains supply levels. Calls for equipment maintenance as needed.
- Maintains and supports patient menu and reports/addresses any concerns.
- Participate in regular patient rounding to continually monitor, maintain and improve patient satisfaction.
- Responsible for adhering to sanitation requirements and enforces quality control standards for patient food items including temperature, food handling, quality, taste and presentation. Responsible for the sanitation of assigned kitchen zone. Responsible for meal rounds, test trays, and tray audits. Responsible for recording and all corrective action regarding food temperatures and food equipment including refrigeration and freezers.
- Trains/orients, instructs, assigns and supervises food service employees to ensure core competencies and regulatory guidelines are met.
- Evaluates performance and is responsible for adhering the all Human Resource policies. Provides in-service and on-the job training programs.
- Develops schedules and assignments and is responsible for supervision of patient services employees.
- Interviews, hires, trains, appraises, counsels, and supervises staff; handles disciplinary actions. Conducts line meetings, huddles and unit meetings to keep staff up to date on all key issues. Meets all deadlines for HR related processes.
- Ensures food and supplies purchased for areas of responsibility are from approved and compliant vendors, following JHHS Food and Culinary procurement processes. Follows processes that support purchasing compliance targets.
- BS in food services, hospitality /related field or Certified Dietary Manager
- Related field or five years previous management experience in large-scale, high-volume food service operation preferred.
- Serv Safe Certified – required
- Baltimore City Food Services Manager Certificate is preferred.
Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Weekend work required
We have a robust benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401K. For additional information please go to: https://jhh.mybenefitsjhhs.com
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.