Manager Procurement Operations
Requisition #: 590976
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Sept. 27, 2022
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Supply Chain Procurement for Johns Hopkins Health System and is responsible for the development, implementation, and ongoing monitoring of Supply Chain Procurement’s transactional operations including the leading of work groups to drive continuous improvement and responds to audits. This is highly responsible management and supervisory position supporting the central procurement operation of JHHS. Employee and subordinates will be responsible for the sourcing, procurement and customer service tasks related to the daily operations supporting processing of shopping carts for critical supplies.
The employee will be responsible for developing policies and procedures for the effective and timely processing of shopping carts, issuing purchase orders, assuring proper documentation exists to assure products and services are received timely and cost effectively. Employee will coordinate and collaborate with various JHHS Departments and affiliates for their input, particularly with Accounts Payables to ensure process efficiency and effectiveness. The Manager will take part in all vendor meetings to cover currently status of the vendor and work to ensure discrepancies are managed timely and continuous improvements are made the process. Employee will continually monitor the productivity of staff and assure all contracts and daily workload is processed timely and assure the customers receive the products needed to provide excellent patient care.
This position will provide regular guidance, training and support to department staff, leadership and Executive Management regarding procurement-related matters to facilitate compliance with policies and procedures; audit findings; audit requirements. The role will also leverage reporting to assure contracts in the procurement system are entered timely, accurately, and avoids expiration by monitoring staff continually, provide customer services function in the event problems occur, policies, procedures, and ethical standards and be responsible for the development and coordination of education and training programs, in collaboration with other departments, for management and staff regarding procurement-related matters, based on the incumbent’s independent judgment of needs.
Additional tasks include:
- Participate /lead project teams related to ERP Supply Chain related improvement initiatives
- Manage daily operations related to vendor electronic communication. Ensure that all communications are followed-up on and corrected in a timely manner
- Facilitate with Purchasing and Vendor to develop 832 pricing files via the EDI platform
- Track and reports on the organization performance related to GR/IR account.
- Serve as primary contact for Finance for the correction and or review of Commitment issues as related to Purchase Orders
- Lead and organize User group meetings with JHHS and JHU to ensure end users are continually updated on the ERP system
- Monitor the Service Now Application Center to ensure all Supply Chain related issues are be responded to in a timely manner
- Tracks and reports on the organizational performance related to System workflow issues
- Will manage conversion efforts as related to Medical product changes
- Will manage Implementations of entities as they are brought onto the ERP system
- Will manage the system wide Vendor Portal
- Work with Accounts Payable leadership for process improvements between the vendor and Johns Hopkins
- Monitors open orders for patient critical locations to ensure products and services are received timely and clinical staff aware of any pending disruptions
- Provides oversite for the Procure Case Manager system to ensure compliance and continues to on board vendors
- Oversite of the Ariba platform and vendors within the platform
- Ensures Buyers are monitoring GHX exceptions and proper communication to end users is taking place Meets with departmental leaders to ensure proper service leaves are being meet and to work thru any issues related to the Procurement activities
Education: Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in related filed. Master’s degree is preferred.
Required Licensure Certification, etc.: CMRP, Certified Materials Resource Professional
Work Experience: Requires a minimum of 6 years’ experience working as a procurement staff lead in procurement operations and/or a related field.
Full-time - 40 hours
Day Shift - 8am to 4:30pm
Johns Hopkins Keswick
Pay grade: ML
|Works in normal office environment where there is little discomfort to due to the extremes of heat, dust, noise, temperature and the like|
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.