Manager Social Media-Marketing & Communications
Requisition #: 183342
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 13, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Johns Hopkins Medicine created the Internet Strategy and Web Services team to serve as a central strategic leader in the exploration, development, execution, and analysis of a digital strategy that connects the people of the world to the people of Johns Hopkins Medicine. Serving all aspects of the three-part mission of research, education and patient care, the team leads the creation and execution of a comprehensive online strategy including content creation and distribution, user-centered design and development, Internet marketing and social engagement, and data-driven performance analysis.
Johns Hopkins Medicine has a robust and engaged social media community, with over 1 million community members. We operate as a hub and spoke model with over 40 social accounts and 60 users. The Social Media Manager reports into the Director of Internet Marketing and Social Engagement and is responsible for managing Johns Hopkins Medicine’s enterprise-wide social media and online reputation channel strategy. This position will serve as an ambassador and driver of strategic social media adoption throughout the health system, with main areas of purview being paid and organic social, social customer care and social media content creation, including high impact visuals and eBooks, social strategy, governance, internal training and adoption, and social analytics. The manager will be responsible for translating institutional objectives into effective social media engagement campaigns, as part of a multi-channel approach. They will be responsible for the management, execution and reporting of social media programs, efforts that align with business objectives, and overseas the following job specifications:
Overseeing the alignment of strategic social media programs and campaigns.
- Translates strategic direction into tactical planning, execution, and analysis for social media initiatives.
- Build frameworks and work collaboratively with internal partners and agencies to deliver creative social media assets and paid campaigns that meet objectives for service line, department and brand initiatives.
Oversees strategy and execution of holistic social media initiatives for the brand.
- Develops and champions the use of social media and online reputation management standards, policies, and rules of engagement
Consult and partner with stakeholders to provide expertise.
- Create best practices, playbooks and guidelines that are used across Johns Hopkins Medicine, spanning audiences. In addition to other items necessary to empower and enable employees.
- Understanding and alignment of social media engagement and Community Building.
Oversee strategy and execution of social media engagement and community building.
- Responsible for overall health of our branded social media portfolio. This includes strategically assessing new presence requests, working to ensure that each of our handles is meeting KPI goals and objectives and maximizing the experience of our communities.
Monitors engagement on and off existing platforms, including activity relating to the JHM brand and mission anywhere on the Internet.
- Supports decentralized affiliate, departmental or individual social media, as resources allow. Leverages strategic opportunities for consolidation, cross-promotion, content sharing, education or other appropriate action.
- Leads analysis of all activities, such as: curation of relevant metrics tied to KPI's and business objectives, for analysis, reporting and to improve and shared knowledge of social media programs.
- Creates weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annual dashboards as deemed appropriate.
- Communicates vision, results, and provides education and leadership across JHM.
- Leads meetings when necessary, or ensures that a project manager is prepared to lead meetings.
- Presents at all levels of organization, as directed. Seeking opportunities as appropriate
- Robust understanding of the quickly-evolving paid and organic social media environments and demonstrated ability to manage a well-established and large social media presence.
- Knowledge of social design including placement of social icons, open graph tagging, creation of social visuals, sizing of image for each channel, etc.
- Strong understanding of social media algorithms and platforms.
- Knowledge of user journeys and lead nurturing and how and where social plays a role.
- Advanced understanding of the social media ecosystem, knowledge of social media tools, social media asset management, blogging environments, creative and graphic multi-media knowledge of accepted formats across social channels, etc.
- Working knowledge and experience using content management systems, social media tools and related web applications.
- Marketing communications or corporate communications writing and editing experience.
- Beginner or intermediate knowledge of HTML & CSS.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree preferably in Marketing or Communications.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in an earned, owned and paid social media role required, ideally targeting multiple audiences.
- At least one year in a social media management or another management function preferred.
- A proven track record of leveraging metric-driven research and analysis to drive informed strategic direction and optimize social media programs to meet business and academic objectives.
- Experience in operating in a global model, where you’ve worked across multiple groups and geographical regions.
- Healthcare experience preferred
Day, Full time (40 hours)
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt, Pay Grade: MJ
901 S. Bond Street Baltimore, MD 21231
- Strong familiarity, in knowledge and experience with social channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc.
- Proficient with social media management technologies, Social Studio, Hootsuite, Spreadfast, etc.
- Project management, creative design and marketing skills, with an understanding of the entire digital ecosystem and how social fits in.
- Ability to work collaboratively with production, video, content, marketing and other cross functional groups.
- Established people and project management skills.
- Strong analytics skills and ability to cultivate metrics and identify meaningful trends.
- Ability to produce reports, including narrative and visual elements, on demand and to produce standardized documents.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex and often scientific concepts to lay people’s terms.
- Articulate and excellent speaker with strong presentations skills.
- Beginner to intermediate experience and knowledge of creative editing tools, such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design tools.
- Intermediate skills in use of: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Acrobat.
- Strong time management skills.
- Proactive and solutions-oriented mindset.
- A roll up the sleeves and can do attitude.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, results-driven personality.
- Ability to demonstrate capacity for innovation, idea generation and strategic thinking.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environment.
- Solid teamwork skills.
- Strong client/customer service approach.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to write clear, concise copy.
- Ability to operate independently.
Required Licensure, Certification:
The position if office-based. The person may need to visit the other health system entities.
Johns Hopkins is a Smoke – Free campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.