Manager, Strategic Web Services
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Day Shift
What Awaits You?
Career growth and development
Diverse and collaborative working environment
Affordable and comprehensive benefits package
Our competitive Benefit Package is designed to support the well-being and financial security of our employees. You can explore the details of our benefits offering by visiting the following link:
We are committed to delivering excellence in healthcare through innovative digital solutions. We are seeking a motivated and experienced Web Development Manager to join our dynamic Marketing Department and manage web development resources and project initiatives. If you are passionate about creating advanced and web experiences, we want to hear from you.
- Oversees implementation of the HopkinsMedicine.org Sitecore content management system (CMS) and leads internal teams regarding the development within the platform. This includes planning, estimating, and managing the implementation of new features, components, and design elements presented within the CMS system. Manages code standards along with Web accessibility/usability standards.
- Coordinates inflow and the development of new web development projects, working with UX team members, front-end web developers, and software engineers to design and roll out new features, HTML design, and other components.
- Works with the team on project-related budgets and aligns resources; develops process with supervisor for prioritizing all Web projects
- Develops and communicates Web site usage and security policies and standards for all users; works with information technology services, legal and related partners to register Web servers and sites with domain name services; ensures the security of Web sites and related applications; and performs periodic Web site audits focused on the performance of the site
- Supports effort in setting organizational Web development strategy in coordination with supervisor
- Provides guidance and contributes to Web site(s) architecture and overall site structure within the context of the Content Management System (Sitecore); manages Web development Projects, resources, and teams (including intranets and extranets); conducts research into current and emerging Web technologies and issues in support of Web development efforts.
- Works closely with vendor teams to share functional requirements, plan development, coordinate internal resources who may contribute, review outcomes, test, and assist with rollout and deployment activities.
- Advises on/manages technical issues and contributes to the development and maintenance of the overall information architecture of the JHM site(s). Works with the team to assist vendor teams with new requirements, and tests and works with the team to establish testing practices for new development efforts, both internal and with vendor development teams.
- In conjunction with other institutional technology leaders, helps establish Johns Hopkins Web standards, guidelines, and policies as they relate to the Web.
- Supervises a small team of web developers and .Net developers, and coordinates activities with other technical and functional resources, including system analysts, project managers, web publishers, and content editors.
- Works with the team in a management capacity establishing goals, performing reviews, conducting Sprint planning sessions, and checking in with individual team members weekly, to accomplish the overall goals of the web development team, and ensuring their work meets both technical and stakeholder requirements.
Location: Hybrid (Occasional travel to campus for events and meetings) While this is a hybrid position, employees are required to work in the states where our organization is registered.
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters Degree preferred
Work Experience: 8+ years in a Web environment, developing Web sites and working with various clientele and related vendors. Must have developed and implemented a successful corporate or health system and/or higher education Web strategies
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.