Requisition #: 1612
Location: Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Week: Temporary Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: July 22, 2019
Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. When joining Johns Hopkins, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, and international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
The Materials Coordinator, under general supervision, performs receiving, maintenance, storing and issuing of materials, supplies and instruments. Provides quality customer service to all people requesting materials, supplies, and instruments.
Functions include: Replenishment of supplies to the cores and OR exchange carts; Return of supplies to the storeroom; building of case carts; delivery of instrument sets; identify and address expired products; receiving / put away deliveries. Works promptly and effectively to insure that surgical procedures have all needed supplies and instruments. Utilizes both expense and asset inventory systems to maintain financial and inventory accuracy.
Available work locations: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Available work shift: 7am-3:30pm
**Must be able to work rotating weekends**
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum one year of work experience.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to interact with hospital staff clinicians, physicians and patients in responding to requests and inquiries regarding the availability of items, equipment and instruments.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally via phone, email and written correspondence.
- Analytical ability necessary to review reports, spot errors and find solutions to errors.
Johns Hopkins Hospital is a smoke free campus. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.