Requisition #: 272503
Location: Johns Hopkins Community Physicians, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Jan. 11, 2021
Johns Hopkins Community Physicians is looking for a Medical Assistant to provide high quality care to patients at our East Baltimore Medical Center Pediatrics practice. The Medical Assistant administers medications and immunizations, obtains vital signs, maintains inventory of appropriate supplies, ensures safe and efficient patient flow, tracks high-risk referrals and lab tests, facilitates safe transitions of care, organizes practice environment to assure patient safety and quality outcomes, and contributes to HEDIS and designated quality measures.
Location: 1000 East Eager St., Baltimore, MD 21202
Shift: Non-exempt. - Full-time - 40 hours per week - Mon-Fri
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Certified Medical Assistant required successful completion of the AAMA, RMA/AMT, NCRMA (NAHP), NCMA(NCCT), RCMAS(NCMA), or CCMA(NHA). Medical Assistant Certification, exam within 3 months of hire. Five or more years of specific applicable MA experience in primary medical care may be substituted for formal training program provided eligibility for RMA(American Medical Technologists) exam. A valid CPR certification required upon hire and recertification required every two years.
- Two years’ experience in an ambulatory care setting is preferred.
- Must successfully pass all required training to obtain security access to perform role. Includes, but not limited to: Electronic medical record training, Insurance training-foundations, government and commercial
- If bilingual, must successfully pass the required JHM approved designated language assessment prior to receiving employment. Successful candidates must complete all required training within 30 days of hire.
We are offering a sign-on bonus to non-Johns Hopkins Medicine employees.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.