- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians, Washington, DC 20001
- Allied Health/Clinical Professional
- Day Shift
$1,000 Sign-on Bonus!
We offer a complete benefits package, paid time off, paid parental leave, paid holidays, medical, and dental insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, a 403B Savings Plan with employer contribution, employee and dependent tuition assistance.
Johns Hopkins Community Physicians is looking for a Medical Assistant to provide high quality care to patients at our Sibley Surgery Practice in Washington, D.C. The Medical Assistant administers medications and immunizations, obtains vital signs, maintains inventory of appropriate supplies, ensures safe and efficient patient flow, tracks high-risk referrals and lab tests, facilitates safe transitions of care, organizes practice environment to assure patient safety and quality outcomes, and contributes to HEDIS and designated quality measures.
Location: 5215 Loughboro Rd. NW, Washington, D.C. 20016
Shift: Non-exempt. - Full-time - 40 hours per week - Mon-Fri - 800 - 4:30 p.m.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Certified Medical Assistant required successful completion of the AAMA, RMA/AMT, NCRMA (NAHP), NCMA(NCCT), RCMAS(NCMA), or CCMA(NHA). Medical Assistant Certification, exam within 3 months of hire. Five or more years of specific applicable MA experience in primary medical care may be substituted for formal training program provided eligibility for RMA(American Medical Technologists) exam. A valid CPR certification required upon hire and recertification required every two years.
- Two years’ experience in an ambulatory care setting is preferred.
** This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus for non-Johns Hopkins Medicine employees.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.