MEDICAL ASSISTANT- CMA
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians, Bethesda, MD 20814
- Allied Health/Clinical Professional
- Day Shift
At Johns Hopkins Community Physicians (JHCP), we bring Johns Hopkins Medicine to our communities. With more than 40 locations throughout Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC, we have opportunities for you to join our amazing team of healthcare professionals, right in your neighborhood. You don’t have to travel far to find your next great opportunity! You belong here!
What awaits you!
- $1,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 403B Savings Plan
- Paid Time off & Paid holidays
- Employee and Dependent Tuition benefits
- Free Parking
- Health & Wellness programs and more!
JHCP is looking for a Medical Assistant (CMA) to provide high quality care to patients at our Colorectal Surgery practice in Bethesda, MD. The Medical Assistant administers medications and immunizations, obtains vital signs, maintains inventory of appropriate supplies, ensures safe and efficient patient flow, tracks high-risk referrals and lab tests, facilitates safe transitions of care, organizes practice environment to assure patient safety and quality outcomes, and contributes to HEDIS and designated quality measures.
Location: 10215 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland 20817
Shift: Non-exempt. - Full-time 40 hours per week
What You'll Need to be Successful:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant Training Program preferred.
- Certified Medical Assistant required successful completion of the AAMA, RMA/AMT, NCRMA (NAHP), NCMA(NCCT), RCMAS(NCMA), or CCMA(NHA). Medical Assistant Certification, exam within 3 months of hire. Five or more years of specific applicable MA experience in primary medical care may be substituted for formal training program provided eligibility for RMA(American Medical Technologists) exam. A valid CPR certification required upon hire and recertification required every two years.
- Two years’ experience in an ambulatory care setting is preferred.
Learn more about us here
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.