Requisition #: 186993
Location: Johns Hopkins Community Physicians, Johns Hopkins Community Physicians, White Marsh, MD 21162
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: May 22, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Medical Assistant (MA) in the ambulatory practice functions as an integral member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team in providing direct patient care. The MA functions under the direct supervision and authority of the physician when determining competencies and performing clinical tasks during patient care. The MA reports to the Practice Administrator or designee, who is responsible for administrative supervision and orientation of the MA to the area's policies and procedures. The MA administers medications and immunizations, obtains vital signs, maintains an inventory of appropriate supplies, ensures safe and efficient patient flow, tracks high-risk referrals and lab tests, facilitates safe transitions of care, organizes the practice environment to assure patient safety and quality health outcomes, and contributes to HEDIS and designated quality measures. The individual displays responsible behaviors, communicates effectively to others and functions at the highest level based on scope of practice.
Must successfully pass all required training to obtain security access to perform role. Includes, but not limited to: Electronic medical record training, Insurance training-foundations, government and commercial.
- JHCP White Marsh Practice - Internal Medicine - White Marsh, Maryland
- Full-time - 40 hours per week, 9a-5:30p, One evening per week
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required. Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant Training Program preferred.
- Medical Assistant Certification required, successful completion of the CMA(American Association of Medical Assistants), RMA(American Medical Technologists), NRCMA (National Assoc. for Health Professionals) or NCMA (National Center Competency Testing), RCMAS (National Certification Medical Assoc.), or CCMA (National Healthcareer Assoc.) Medical Assistant Certification required within 3 months of hire date. Five or more years of specific applicable MA experience in primary medical care may be substituted for formal training program provided eligibility for RMA(American Medical Technologists) exam. Current MA certification must be maintained.Valid CPR certification required upon hire and recertification required every two years.
- Two years experience in an ambulatory care setting preferred but not required.
This position is eligible for sign-on bonus for non-Johns Hopkins Medicine employees and Affiliates.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.