Medical Assistant - Outpatient, OBGYN
Requisition #: 195223
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Nursing Support/Patient Care
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Sept. 18, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
At Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital located in St. Petersburg, FL, we offer first-class pediatric care, along with the best lifestyle anyone could imagine. In the heart of Tampa Bay our main campus and state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida and just minutes from restaurants, beautiful beaches, sports arenas and a multitude of family activities.
We are committed to cultivating, nurturing and hiring the best talent for our organization and believe every person makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families. As you’ll see, we take our work and our fun very seriously. We think you're going to love it here.
The Medical Assistant provides patient centered, specialized, evidence based care across the continuum through an interprofessional approach to treatment, research, education and advocacy. Performs tasks and designated procedures to keep the flow of physician practices running smoothly. Duties of medical assistants vary from office to office, depending on the location and size of the practice and the practitioner's specialty.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients
- Uses computer applications, answers telephones, greets patients and verifies appointments with patients by phone as needed to facilitate access and patient care
- Updates patient EMR, completes paperwork as required, takes medical history and vital signs, completes initial medication reconciliation and prepares patients for examination to facilitate patient flow in clinic
- Participates in patient and family education, answering questions regarding follow-up appointments, etc. to ensure family has good understanding of care plan
- Assists the physician during exams, collects and prepares laboratory specimens, performs basic laboratory tests including obtaining blood specimens as required, disposing of contaminated supplies, and sterilizing medical instruments to provide a safe environment for patient
- Independently maintains daily maintenance of exam rooms, medical and laboratory supplies to meet patient care needs
- Demonstrates ability to work as an effective member of an interdisciplinary team to facilitate quality care
- Ability to establish rapport with patients and families from a variety of cultural, ethnic and religious backgrounds in order to provide family centered clinical care
- High School Diploma/GED
- Completion of Medical Assistant Certificate or completion of Medical Assistant Schooling with one year of pediatric acute care experience
- Current BLS certification, AHA
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.