Medical Concierge-Case Manager
Requisition #: 591363
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Dec. 2, 2022
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Are you passionate about helping others?
Are you empathetic to those in need?
Do you want to join an outstanding team with a diverse work environment?
Do you want to help save lives?
The Hopkins USA Medical Concierge is responsible for the professional, efficient, and timely delivery of service to patients and clients requesting assistance through the Johns Hopkins USA office. This includes but is not limited to coordinating care for patients referred by the President’s Office, the Fund for Johns Hopkins Medicine, and the Board of Trustees in addition to targeted business groups.
- Curating and scheduling multiple appointments for out of state patients during the time they are in the Baltimore/DC area
- Linking hospital and care-management services
- Creating connections with patients while working with an exceptional, multi-disciplinary team
- Assisting the patient or representative in the collection of demographic information, pertinent medical records, and copy of insurance cards
- Coordinating one to multiple appointments in a concise time frame, beginning with the most critical appointment
- Providing follow-up phone call or email with a patient to review the schedule
- Sending patient their itinerary, map, directions, and department questionnaire or preliminary instructions for appointment
- Provides recommendations for accommodations in the area
Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Sciences required. Equivalent work experience may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Advanced interpersonal skills, including the ability to cope with a demanding clientele and the ability to defuse situations of high emotion or conflict
- Advanced organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple activities and follow them to completion
- The ability to multitask, while proving exceptional customer service
Requires a minimum of three years of related experience in a healthcare or similar customer/administrative service environment. Call center experience is preferred.
- Comfortability with learning and understanding new technologies
- You will be trained on state-of-the-art healthcare information systems like Epic
- Knowledge of the Microsoft suite of applications
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.