Medical Economics Specialist II
Requisition #: 191688
Location: Johns Hopkins Health Care, Glen Burnie, MD 21060
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Sept. 13, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Reporting to the Director of Healthcare Economics, the Healthcare Economics Specialist will be responsible for the creation, development, and communication of Healthcare Economics reporting and capabilities; providing specialized analytics and data driven insights to myriad business units through the organization. This position collaborates with a group of Healthcare Economics professionals to support the organization’s goal of providing executive leadership with actionable intelligence related to the financial, clinical, and analytical performance of various lines of business within JHHC. This position is responsible for providing insights and recommendations using statistical and quantitative analysis coupled with explanatory and predictive modeling to drive focused decision making.
- Develops financial reporting and analytics to measure ROI and support cross-functional initiatives
- Liaises between finance and IT to maximize effectiveness of data sources and quality; designs and codes predictive and other mathematical analyses
- Provides financial acumen and insight to financial close process including accrual estimates such as trend reporting, financial benchmarking, and ad hoc analysis
- Leads development and production of cost, revenue, and utilization reporting, incorporating both internal and external benchmarks
- Supports ad-hoc reporting and financial projects for business units throughout the organization
- Teaches and mentors junior staff to develop their technical and analytical problem solving skills
- Serves as a go-to for leaders and stakeholders throughout the organization to craft creative financial approaches to practical business issues
- Creates financial and predictive models to evaluate the feasibility and key success drives for new ventures, opportunities, and initiatives
- Requires knowledge of financial, statistical and data science concepts as well as an extensive knowledge of statistical software (R, python, SAS, Stata, Git) and relational database software (SQL/MS SQL Server, MySQL, Jupyter)
- Able to mentor junior analysts in financial and healthcare concepts, model building and project management
- Explain technical results, ideas and concerns to internal or external partners
- Manage the needs of various stakeholders in the project. This would include designing communication processes, project timelines and formal presentations. Liaison between the company and data management clients.
- Contribute towards development of business strategy
- Generate efficiencies around standard business processes
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.