Medical Interpreter I: Mandarin PRN
Requisition #: 196374
Location: Johns Hopkins Medicine International, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Sept. 26, 2019
Johns Hopkins Medicine International recognizes that the exchange of information between patient and provider is an essential element of quality patient and family centered care.
Join our dedicated team of world-class medical interpreters who are focused on providing language services to our patients and their families.
The Medical Interpreter for Limited English Proficiency (LEP) patients, family members and health care providers relays medical information between speakers of two different languages in compliance with all hospital policies and procedures, particularly relating to patient confidentiality, informed consent and the Code of Ethics.
Medical Interpreter I: Work requires a high school level of educational development. AA degree in an area related to science or Human/Health services preferred, One year of previous experience performing oral interpretation for a non-English speaking population, preferably within healthcare.
- Requires demonstrated proficiency (both oral and written) in English and Mandarin at a level that ensures accurate and understandable interpretation. (Determined by an entry test coordinated by Language Services).
- Ability to interpret accurately using consecutive and simultaneous mode
- Basic knowledge of cultural standards and customs of the international region from which LEP community patients originate.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy preferred.
- Knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to Patient safety and excellent customer service practices.
Johns Hopkins Hospital is a smoke free campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.