Medical Oncology Registered Nurse (Infusion Center PRN)
Requisition #: 385104
Location: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20001
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: June 18, 2021
GENERAL SUMMARY: The medical oncology nurse is an RN with at least 2 years of general nursing experience in either an outpatient or inpatient ambulatory or hospital center. Additionally, 1-3 years of dedicated oncology experience and chemotherapy administration is necessary. The medical oncology nurse is familiar with and practices evidenced-based nursing practice relevant to general nursing and oncology specific nursing. Establishes individualized outcomes measures for each patient's care. Coordinates care to maximize desirable outcomes, patient satisfaction, and cost effective utilization of available personnel and resources. Serves as a representative of the medical oncology clinic and hospital environment as a clinical role model in all interactions with patients, families, visitors, physicians, colleagues, and other staff members.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program for Registered Nurses.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Bachelor degree with second degree in Nursing.
- Two (2) years of general nursing experience.
- 1-3 years of dedicated oncology experience.
- Minimum of 20 contact hours per year through an accredited provider.
- At least one year of hands-on chemotherapy administration experience.
- Excellent IV skills and knowledge of central line access and maintenance.
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) preferred. Must be OCN within 9 months of hire date.
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapy course through ONS with successful completion or must be successfully completed within 3 months of hire date.
- Current Basic Life Support certificate required.
Sibley Memorial Hospital provides a smoke-free workplace.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.