Medical Technologist ( Core Lab) Part-Time
Requisition #: 359723
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Evening Shift
Work Week: Limited (20 - 29)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Oct. 19, 2021
The laboratory medical technologist performs routine and specialized tests independently or with minimal supervision in one or various sections in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. Recognizes the clinical significance of each test performed and reports results within established time frames. Actively supports the department’s continuous quality improvement and customer service goals through modeling of appropriate behavior and by providing a work environment conducive to attaining these goals.
Work Hours: Evening Shift- 2:00PM-10:30PM/Part-Time/Weekend Work Required
Work Location: Saint Petersberg, FL
Department: Core Lab
• Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology or related science and/or a Clinical Laboratory Technologist License in all areas of responsibility from the State of Florida.
• Ability to participate in one or more project teams
• Ability to understand and react effectively to the age-specific needs unique to patients
• Possess good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Possess knowledge of and the ability to use computers, automated instruments, and mechanical apparatus
• Ability to meet deadlines
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.