Medical Technologist (Blood Bank)
- Requisition #:
- Suburban Hospital, Bethesda, MD 20814
- Evening Shift
At Suburban you will experience the resources and reputation of Johns Hopkins world-class care - with our own unique culture. We offer an academic approach to care delivery within our local community. Ours is a collaborative, family-focused work culture, where we practice complex medicine and are committed to ongoing learning and skill development. The connections and partnerships our nurses forge with physicians, fellow nurses, other support staff, generous donors, and patients and their family members helps Suburban Hospital elevate the patient experience and excel in safety, quality and patient care.
What Awaits You?
- Career growth and development
- Free on-site parking
- Tuition Assistance
- Diverse and collaborative working environment
- Affordable and comprehensive benefits package
- Accurately performs routine and special clinical laboratory tests in one or more disciplines including quality control and equipment maintenance to ensure accurate results.
- Performs R&D activities and maintains quality control records.
- Assists in researching and resolving technical and operational problems.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Medical Technology or related discipline for Medical Technologist
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: MT (ASCP), or equivalent, relevant to the discipline
- Three (3) years full time experience in the discipline; preferably the most recent two (2) years of experience at Suburban Hospital
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.