Medical Technologist-Day Shift-($7500 SIGN-ON BONUS)
Requisition #: 196905
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Jan. 13, 2020
The laboratory medical technologist performs routine and specialized tests independently or with minimal supervision in one or various sections in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. Recognizes the clinical significance of each test performed and reports results within established time frames. Actively supports the department’s continuous quality improvement and customer service goals through modeling of appropriate behavior and by providing a work environment conducive to attaining these goals.
Work Hours: Day Shift 6:00am-2:30pm/ Full-time
Work Location: St. Petersburg, FL
- Associate’s Degree in Clinical/Medical Laboratory Technology
- For Cytogenetics only: Bachelor of Science Degree; Board approved training program in Cytogenetics at the technologist level or one year of clinical laboratory experience in Cytogenetics
- For Cytogenetics only: American Society of Clinical Pathology, Cytogenetics CG (ASCP) AND State of Florida Clinical Laboratory Technologist license in Cytogenetics. Clinical Laboratory Technologist License in all areas of responsibility from the State of Florida or Clinical Laboratory Technologist license in at least 1 area of responsibility with a Technician License in all other area(s) of responsibility from the State of Florida
- Clinical Laboratory Technologist License in all areas of responsibility from the State of Florida or Clinical Laboratory Technologist license in at least 1 area of responsibility with a Technician License in all other area(s) of responsibility from the State of Florida
- Ability to participate in one or more project teams
- Ability to understand and react effectively to the age-specific needs unique to patients
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Possess knowledge of and the ability to use computers, automated instruments, and mechanical apparatus
- Ability to meet deadlines
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.