- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Columbia, MD 21044
- Evening Shift
The Johns Hopkins Hospital is a world-renowned leader in patient care, serving the greater Baltimore community and patients from all across the globe.
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff teams provide support throughout our many specialty departments and centers, from primary visits to emergency care.
What Awaits You?
- Career growth and development
- Tuition Assistance
- Diverse and collaborative working environment
- Affordable and comprehensive benefits package
Location:Johns Hopkins Howard County Medical Center, Columbia, MD
Weekend Rotations Required
***WILL CONSIDER CLS I, CLS II AND CLS III CANDIDATES***
- Performs selected routine laboratory tests, and records and reports results.
- Sets up and maintains equipment; monitors quality control standards.
- Performs routine clerical and service duties as required.
- May support the laboratory with inventory/ordering, SAP transactions, and back-up to other tasks as assigned.Responsible for initiating or verifying that proper actions are taken to resolve problems; provides expertise in processing and workflow of assigned areas.
- Where assigned: Reviews lab requisitions and collects pertinent clinical and insurance information.
- May perform data entry, processing of specimens, both for in-house and referrals; billing functions, and all pre-analytic set ups
- Work requires formal educational background in biology, chemistry, hematology, immunohematology and/or microbiology meeting regulatory requirements for testing; normally acquired through completion of a two year post secondary school program in clinical laboratory technology or related four year degree (i.e. Biology, Chemistry).
- Completed MLT clinical rotations or six months of MLT Internship or one-year Clinical Lab experience or course work specific to the discipline.
- This role is intended for new MLT (Associates degree) graduates with less than 2 years of experience or for AA degree MLT's without certification. This role is also used for BS degree science based programs endorsed by the Department of Pathology.
***Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons and religious beliefs. Requests for medical exceptions must be submitted at your occupational health screening. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins Health System remains committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients and our communities.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.