Mental Health Therapist II
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Social Work/Mental Health
- Day Shift
Responsible for providing counseling and rehabilitative therapy services to psychiatric and substance abuse patients. Completes comprehensive psychiatric assessments, develops and implements treatment plans and monitors patients.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Work requires the knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through completion of a Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling or a closely related field and less than six months of previous experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
2. Must be a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
3. Work requires analytical skills to resolve problems that require the use of basic scientific, mathematical, or technical principles.
4. Work requires the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.