Requisition #: 188051
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 21, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Milk Technician is responsible for performing duties with the daily operating procedures of the Milk Depot, which includes receiving of expressed breast milk, processing enteral feeding orders, preparing breast milk and formula feedings and delivery to the patient unit.
- Manages breast milk inventory by receiving expressed breast milk at the Milk Depot to facilitate proper storage and handling
- Reviews daily orders for formula and breastmilk to determine type of enteral feeding required for the preparation process
- Thaws, prepares, assembles, labels, packages, and delivers human milk, tube feedings, and formula to patient care units for nursing to administer to the patient
- Follows all appropriate policies and procedures including Infection Control Guidelines and Accurate Labeling and Measuring to assure safety to the patient
- Monitors milk freezers and refrigerators to assure cleanliness and proper temperature
- Works cooperatively with other Milk Technicians to complete daily tasks and assignments in a collaborative manner
- High school diploma /GED
- Mathematical competency
- Ability to follow human milk and formula preparation procedures correctly
- Possess knowledge of and experience with aseptic technique
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) pounds without assistance
- __X__ Category 2: Job classification is not exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
- Regularly standing for extended periods of time
- May be exposed to communicable diseases when working in health care environment
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.