Mobile Certified Medical Assistant
Requisition #: 190452
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Social Work/Mental Health
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Aug. 5, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
The Mobile Health Van Assistant is responsible for operating and maintaining the program vehicle, providing registration services, and assisting the medical team, under the supervision of the Manager, Ambulatory Services. The Mobile Health Van Assistant assists in the examination and treatment of patients, as appropriate, under the delegation of the physician/physician assistant/nurse practitioner on the Care-A-van, a mobile health unit that provides services in the local community.
1. Prepares vehicle for departure from site by checking routine mechanical and non-mechanical systems.
2. Develops and maintains a preventive maintenance log and ensures that the vehicle receives scheduled maintenance timely and any unscheduled maintenance as necessary.
3. Drives van to and from sites.
4. Prepares unit for patient care
5. Obtains vital signs
6. Performs venipuncture and specimen collection per provider's order
7. Administers immunizations per provider's order
8. Performs quality control monitoring on point of care instruments
9. Performs lab testing per provider's order
10. Submits inventory to Vaccines for Children, and orders vaccines.
11. Maintains temperature logs for refrigerators
12. Greets and registers patients for visits.
13. Assists in stocking supplies.
14. Assists medical team with emergency situations when they arise.
15. Assists in the care of the patient, as a team member, under the direct supervision of the Physician/Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner.
CMA Certification Required
Certification as a Medical Assistant by an approved national examination agency.
Valid MD Drivers License Required
A valid Maryland Class C driver's license with no points is required. A certified copy is required.
Valid CPR certification is required.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.