Requisition #: 189293
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Sept. 5, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
At Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital located in St. Petersburg, FL, we offer first-class pediatric care, along with the best lifestyle anyone could imagine. In the heart of Tampa Bay our main campus and state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida and just minutes from restaurants, beautiful beaches, sports arenas and a multitude of family activities.
We are committed to cultivating, nurturing and hiring the best talent for our organization and believe every person makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families. As you’ll see, we take our work and our fun very seriously. We think you're going to love it here.
Performs complete and diagnostic Magnetic Resonance imaging studies of pediatric patients for radiologist interpretation.
1.Produces and evaluates images according to defined protocols to assist the radiologist with timely interpretation of imaging exams and patients for treatment and plan of care for patients
2.Adheres to Radiology specific policies in regards to patient safety that are established by the Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital, regulatory, and accreditation governing bodies
3. Maintains required levels of education that pertain to clinical, family, and patient centered care
4. Protects and complies with Magnetic Resonance Zone safety possessing knowledge of restrictions and contraindications; screens patient for contraindications to MRI and contrast administration in compliance with ACR guideline for MR Safety
5. Supports anesthesia staff in collaboration with Radiology nursing staff to prepare and monitor sedated patients in the MRI environment
**This position will require occasional coverege at our Tampa OCC**
- Satisfactory completion of an AMA accredited Radiologic Technology program
- 3 years’ MRI experience required in neuro, body, musculoskeletal and vascular areas
- A.R.R.T. (R) (MR); Florida Radiography License; Current Basic Life Support, AHA
- Strong computer skills in multiple databases for the acquisition and manipulation of image data, utilizing 3d, neuro-functional post-processing workstations, PACS and electronic charting
- MRI contrast administration with IV skills
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of Fifty (50) pounds without assistance
- __X__ Category 1: Job classification is exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
- Prolonged sitting, with use of computer mouse and keyboard
- 1. 5 T and 3 T static magnetic field
- Occasional exposure to acoustic noise, avoided with proper hearing protection
- Protective clothing including gowns, gloves, masks and eye gear
- Exposure to radiation and communicable disease is minimal using reasonable and approved precautions set forth by hospital policy and universal precautions
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.