CIS Credentialed Trainer: Epic
Requisition #: 354643
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Aug. 3, 2021
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
General Position Summary:
Credentialed trainers use the curriculum, lessons, and training materials created by the Instructional Designers to conduct Epic training for end users. Credentialed Trainers work collaboratively with other members of the project and training team to assist in developing and maintaining the training program. This individual is credentialed in a selected Epic application and is responsible for the following tasks:
- Gaining knowledge of Johns Hopkins workflows and adult education principles
- Understanding and interpreting clinical and non-clinical workflows, processes, and terminology in order to translate information into educationally sound training content
- Maintaining policy and procedure documentation related to training
- Training end users in the classroom
- Administering end user proficiency assessments
- Communicating training environment issues or curriculum updates to the principle trainers
- Providing onsite go-live support
- Reviewing new application enhancements/upgrades and assisting in development of implementation plans
- Assist instructional designers with curriculum development and testing
- Work on Remedy tickets from the help desk
Required Job Qualifications:
Business/Operations Credentialed Trainer : Baccalaureate degree, education or health related field with educational courses. Professional certification(s) and/or related experience beyond minimum training experience qualifications may substitute for formal education requirement on a two years’ experience-for-one year education basis.
Clinical Credentialed Trainer: Baccalaureate degree in nursing or other allied health field from an accredited School of Nursing or other Allied Health with educational courses.
Professional certification(s) and/or related experience beyond minimum training experience qualifications may substitute for formal education requirement on a two years’ experience-for-one year education basis.
Business/Operations Credentialed Trainer: 3 years’ experience in finance/operations in a health care environment. Additional experience in adult education/training is preferred.
Clinical Credentialed Trainer: 3 years experience as a registered nurse or other clinician in a health care environment; three years’ experience using clinical information systems in a health care environment. Additional experience in adult education/training is preferred.
Required to complete and pass credentialing in an assigned EPIC application module at the completion of the Credentialed Trainer program.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience in adult education/training in the healthcare industry preferred
- Knowledge of the current healthcare environment preferred
- End user training experience in EPIC or other clinical/business operations information system preferred
- Experience in understanding business and/or clinical workflows related to the assigned application module preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Knowledge and application of adult learning principles
- Ability to incorporate policies, procedures, and specific clinical practice and/or business processing needs into information systems training
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality teamwork and education
- Strong organizational skills in managing multiple priorities
- Leadership ability to direct others without having line management authority
- Uses critical thinking skills to support educational implementations and facilitates staff education regarding use of the clinical/business operations software applications
- Detailed understanding of clinical/business operations workflows and system configuration gained by completing their credentialing training with the Principle Trainers and Epic Application Coordinators.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.