Neonatal APP Education Specialist
Requisition #: 511845
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: April 16, 2022
NICU Advanced Practice Educator
The APP Clinical Educator is responsible for enhancing professional practice and the provision of quality patient care by providing evidence-based quality educational programs and activities that promote professional competency for the Advanced Practice Provider at Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital NICU.
• Actively collaborate in the entire orientation process
• Possess the expertise in competency assessment in order to participate in the development, coordination, and managing, facilitating, conducting, and evaluating competency.
• Participate in designing and identifying educational activities to address practice gaps for NICU APP, in alignment with JHACH and MNFI division clinical education requests and development processes.
• Collaborate with APP Manager in planning and decision making to achieve desired education results.
• Guide professional role development for APP colleagues; involving identification and development of strategies to facilitate continuous process of maturation through lifelong learning
• Evaluates the health condition of patients in providing safe, comprehensive clinical care
• Application of evidence-based medicine pertinent to patients and their families to improve outcomes
• Advances the knowledge of the inter-professional team through leading training and development programs to improve pediatric healthcare delivery and patient outcomes
• Continuously evaluates the relationships among access, cost, quality, safety and their influence on healthcare outcomes
• Provides leadership in the translation of new knowledge and evidence-based care into practice
• Constant consideration of developmental level of child and family when translating health information to support positive health outcomes
• Demonstrates understanding of internal and external APRN practice rules, regulations and legislation to maintain compliance and certification
• Serves as an advocate for the needs of the children and their families across the health care continuum ensuring the best patient/family experience and to advance pediatric health throughout the community we serve
• Integrates ethical principles in decision making
• 50% Administrative time as APP Clinical Educator; 50% Clinical practice
• Required: Master's degree in Nursing as Neonatal Nurse Practitioner with DNP
• Required: Minimum 5 years active clinical NNP practice; minimum 3 years as active NNP preceptor
• Active FL APRN license
• NCC certified
• NRP BLS
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.