Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP) Per Diem - Main Campus
Requisition #: 168853
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: July 8, 2019
JHACH neonatal nurse practitioner service encompasses responsibilities in Level I-IV NICU practice at JHACH main campus and affiliate sites. The neonatal nurse practitioner must be board certified in the neonatal specialty and demonstrate expertise in the clinical management of the neonate and infant. The practitioner role is multi-faceted and includes clinical management of the neonatal population and team collaboration including education, research and quality initiatives. The neonatal nurse practitioner must demonstrate commitment to family centered care through collaboration with medical, nursing and support services. Responsibilities encompass broad regional coverage and may entail clinical rotation to multiple sites. The NNP is accountable for ongoing continued education and professional development.
1. Evaluates the health condition of patients in providing safe, comprehensive clinical care
2. Application of evidence based medicine pertinent to pediatric patients and their families to improve outcomes
3. Advances the knowledge of the inter-professional team through leading training and development programs to improve pediatric healthcare delivery and patient outcomes
4. Continuously evaluates the relationships among access, cost, quality, safety and their influence on healthcare outcomes
5. Provides leadership in the translation of new knowledge and evidence based care into practice
6. Constant consideration of developmental level of child and family when translating health information to support positive health outcomes
7. Demonstrates understanding of internal and external APRN practice rules, regulations and legislation to maintain compliance and certification
8. Serves as an advocate for the needs of the children and their families across the health care continuum ensuring the best patient/family experience and to advance pediatric health throughout the community we serve
9. Integrates ethical principles in decision making
-Current Florida State Licensure as ARNP
-Clinical Master's Degree in Nursing or DNP
-Current BLS and NRP
-Current National Certification as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.