Requisition #: 177927
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Nov. 8, 2018
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
•At Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, we offer first-class pediatric care, along with the best lifestyle anyone could imagine. In the heart of Tampa Bay, our main campus and state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida and just minutes from restaurants, beautiful beaches, sports arenas and a multitude of family activities.
•We are committed to cultivating, nurturing and hiring the best talent for our organization and believe every person makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families. As you’ll see, we take our work and our fun very seriously. We think you're going to love it here.
The Network Analyst role provides technical services that support the hospital’s data and voice communications systems with the goal of maintaining a highly reliable communications systems. The Network Analyst is responsible for the support of the hospital's network and telecommunications systems. Systems include the wide area network (WAN), the local area network (LAN) and the wireless network (WLAN). Telecommunication systems include Cisco Unified Communications System.
1. Analyzes and resolves data and voice network incidents to maintain connectivity to the communications systems. Provides after hours on call support.
2. Creates and implements communications system network design as assigned resulting in project documentation to support the implementation of the project.
3. Monitors network systems and provides data in the form of reports and dashboards to support the ongoing status of the network and to identify related trends.
4. Supports the Move Add Change process by creating and implementing network connectivity to support the requesting departments move add or change request.
5. Works effectively with external telecommunications and network providers to support the installation and maintenance and problem resolution of the phone lines, data connections, and network services to campus and off campus locations.
6. Creates, modifies and completes work tickets inserting accurate work time and commentary in the ticket to support the time tracking, service level, and work productivity reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three to Five years of experience in network and telecommunications field.
- Associate level network certificate, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Technical and functional understanding of network and communications systems and protocols.
- Advanced computer skills using network management applications, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Intermediate server skills including physical and virtual server configuration and support.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.