Neuropsychometrist - Psychology
Requisition #: 168377
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: April 24, 2018
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
At Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital located in St. Petersburg, FL, we offer first-class pediatric care, along with the best lifestyle anyone could imagine. In the heart of Tampa Bay our main campus and state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida and just minutes from restaurants, beautiful beaches, sports arenas and a multitude of family activities.
The Psychometrist is responsible for supporting the Psychology and Developmental Pediatrics providers in clinical, research, and education/training endeavors. This individual is responsible for completing neuropsychological and psychological test administration for a variety of necessary testing measures administered during the course of standard clinical care. This individual will support the testing needs of departmental and multi-disciplinary research projects, and participate in education and training of students, interns, and residents/fellows on testing procedures. Along with the other members of the care team, this role is responsible for patient outcomes that meet the high standard of care provided by JHACH.
- Administer testing to children with developmental and neurological disorders, utilizing a wide variety of psychological and neuropsychological testing measures. Complete testing scoring, place testing results in a standardized table, write comprehensive behavioral observations, and enter data into clinical database to support patient care activities.
- Train graduate students, interns, and post-doctoral fellows/residents in test administration and scoring. Develop necessary training protocols. This facilitates the training program and ensures fidelity of testing administration.
- Participate in departmental research projects to support research endeavors.
- Administrative duties, including, but not limited to, organizing testing materials, maintaining testing materials, and learning new testing batteries to ensure successful operations.
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Neuroscience, Education or a related field
- Relevant Experience – 1 year of related experience
- Licensure/Certification – None, Certified Specialist in Psychometry (CSP) certification/credentialing by the Board of Certified Psychometrists within 5 years of starting the position.
- Skills and Abilities – Proficiency in data entry and standard PC based applications required. Must be flexible and have good time management skills.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.