New Grad RN - Operating Room
Requisition #: 363523
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: May 5, 2021
The Johns Hopkins Hospital offers New graduate nurses a 6 month comprehensive orientation in our Operating Rooms. Included below are brief descriptions of the different OR specialties. You will also be automatically enrolled in our yearlong Nurse Residency Program to facilitate your successful transition into professional nursing practice. The Johns Hopkins Hospital values the people who work here and offers comprehensive benefits to our employees as a total compensation package. Join our Peri-operative team, apply today!
- Neuro / Ortho / Spine and Trauma /Transplant OR has 14 adult operating rooms. Primary surgical services include: trauma, abdominal and allograft transplantation (kidney, liver, pancreas, hand) neurosurgical, orthopedic and ortho-spine patients. The Johns Hopkins Hospital is a Level 1 Regional Trauma Center.
- Weinberg Adult OR has 16 Operating rooms. The primary adult surgical services include: thoracic, gastrointestinal, plastics, ear/nose & throat, endocrine, oncology, and general surgeries.
- Cardiovascular Thoracic OR has 6 state of the art operating rooms and robotics equipment. Primary adult cardiac and vascular surgical procedures include: coronary artery bypass, valve repair or replacement, Type A or B aortic dissections, heart or lung transplants, implantation of mechanical circulatory devices and robotics cases.
- Outpatient Center OR has 8 surgical suites and 1 procedure room. Nurses scrub and circulate. You will care for newborn to adult patients needing outpatient surgical services. Occasionally procedures may be done and patients are admitted to an inpatient unit. Most common surgical services: dental, urology, gynecology, hand surgery, neurology, otolaryngology/ head and neck, plastics, surgical oncology, and sports medicine.
- Wilmer Eye Institute Bendann Surgical Center OR has 7 operating rooms for pediatric and adult patients. The Wilmer Eye Institute is the only organization in the state designated as an Ocular Trauma Center. In partnership with The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System the team cares for patients transferred from more than 100 facilities inside and outside the state of Maryland. Eye emergency services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Care and services provided: cataract and corneal transplants, strabismus, glaucoma, vitrectomy, uveitis, oculoplastic lid surgery, and eye trauma.
Shifts: Vary by specialty 8, 10, or 12 hours, day, evening, or night rotation, Full Time (40 Hours per week)
- BSN or MSN preferred. Must be from an accredited nursing program.
- Applicants with an Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program may be considered; provided they are enrolled in an accredited BSN/MSN program within 1 year of hire and complete the degree within 5 years of hire.
- Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- No RN work experience required
Join the Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a patient centered collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Our nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.