New Grad RN - Cardiovascular SICU
Requisition #: 362044
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: April 23, 2021
Cardiovascular Surgical ICU (CVSICU) Zayed 5 East is a 18 bed adolescent/adult surgical intensive care unit. Patient population served: critically ill patients that have undergone cardiac surgery including: coronary artery bypass, valve replacement or repair, Type A aortic dissections, heart or lung transplantation, mechanical circulatory support device implantation Heartmate© II or III, & Heartware©, or ECMO. New grad RNs will have a comprehensive unit orientation and will benefit from participating in a learner centric competency based critical care curriculum.
Shifts: 12 hour day / night rotating
- BSN/MSN strongly preferred. Must be from an accredited nursing program.
- Applicants with an Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program may be considered; provided they are enrolled in an accredited BSN/MSN program within 1 year of hire and complete the degree within 5 years of hire.
- Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- No RN work experience required
- Completion of an Adult ICU practicum with a minimum of 120 hours of hands on clinical experience (ED, PCU, and IMC are not considered equivalent clinical experience)
- Working as a Nursing Student in an Adult ICU may be considered
All New Graduate RNs will be automatically enrolled in our yearlong Nurse Residency Program to facilitate your successful transition into professional nursing practice.
Join the Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a patient centered collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Our nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.