New Grad Nurse Residency - Surgical, Orthopedics
Requisition #: 478883
Location: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20016
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: July 19, 2022
Our New Grad Nurse Residency Program is your perfect opportunity to hone your skills as a new RN at Sibley Memorial Hospital!!
This is a 1yr Nurse Residency for May grads that starts in July.
The New Grad Registered Nurse / RN will work within our new 25 bed Surgical Unit, specializing in Orthopedics.
The Nurse Clinician / RN is responsible for independently planning, coordinating, and directing those activities essential to the provision of quality nursing care for assigned patients; coordinating the medical plan provided by support service departments relating to the assigned patients; identifying and implementing nursing interventions and evaluates results; and demonstrating developing leadership qualities.
- Full Time, 36hrs per week
- Rotating Days (7a - 7:30p) and Nights (7p - 7:30a)
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia.
- Graduation from an accredited program for Registered Nurses.
- AHA CPR card
A few of our many benefits:
- Up to 26 days paid leave upon employment
- Onsite parking
- Free employee gym
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Advancement Program for Nurses (PACE)
- Health/dental/vision/life/supplemental life +long and short-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer matching + 403(b) plan (non-benefits eligible employees)
- Commuter transportation benefits
Sibley Memorial Hospital provides a smoke-free workplace.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.