New Grad RN - Urology / Thoracic Surgical Unit
Requisition #: 203806
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Dec. 23, 2019
The Johns Hopkins Hospital Thoracic / Urology Surgical Unit (Zayed 11 West) is a 32 bed surgical unit caring for adolescent and adult patients. The unit offers 3 levels of care for Thoracic patients: floor, telemetry, and 6 intermediate care beds. Care and services provided: thoracic (lung resections, pneumonectomy, esophagectomy), urology (RRP, TURP), and general surgery patients.
Shifts: 12 hour day & night rotating
- BSN or MSN preferred. Must be from an accredited nursing program.
- Applicants with an Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program may be considered; provided they are enrolled in an accredited BSN/MSN program within 1 year of hire and complete the degree within 5 years of hire.
- Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- No RN work experience required
All New Graduate RNs will be automatically enrolled in our yearlong Nurse Residency Program to facilitate your successful transition into professional nursing practice.
Join the Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a patient centered collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Our nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.