New Grad RN- Weinberg Surgical ICU
Requisition #: 203804
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Dec. 13, 2019
The Johns Hopkins Hospital Weinberg Intensive Care Unit (WICU) is a 20 bed adolescent/adult surgical intensive care unit. Patient population: Surgical Oncology ICU for gastrointestinal, endocrine, gynecologic, thoracic, plastic, otolaryngology/ head and neck, orthopedic, trauma, and urologic oncologic procedures. This unit is grounded in teamwork as well as Patient and Family Centered Care. The WICU has won the AACN Beacon Award and also recognized by the SCCM for the Family Centered Care Innovation Award. New graduate nurses will have a comprehensive 5 month orientation and will also benefit from participating in an Adult ICU cohort with a competency based critical care curriculum.
Shifts: 8 and 12 hour day & night rotating
- BSN/MSN strongly preferred. Must be from an accredited nursing program.
- Applicants with an Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program may be considered; provided they are enrolled in an accredited BSN/MSN program within 1 year of hire and complete the degree within 5 years of hire.
- Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- No RN work experience required
- Completion of an Adult ICU practicum with a minimum of 120 hours (ED, PCU, and IMC are not considered equivalent experience)
- Working as a Nursing Student or Clinical Technician in an Adult ICU may be considered
All New Graduate RNs will be automatically enrolled in our yearlong Nurse Residency Program to facilitate your successful transition into professional nursing practice.
Join The Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a patient centered collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Our nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.