New Graduate Registered Nurse: General Medicine/Telemetry Unit, Nelson 7 (Permanent Night Shift)
Requisition #: 181756
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Night Shift
Work Week: Full Time Nursing (36 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Feb. 20, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
New Graduate Registered Nurse: Nelson 7 (General Medicine/Telemetry)
Permanent Night Shift Position
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Join the Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated academic medical facility. Johns Hopkins nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
All new graduate nurses are automatically enrolled in the yearlong Adult or Pediatric Nurse Residency Program (NRP) to facilitate the successful transition to professional nursing practice.
Candidate qualifications for the New Graduate Registered Nurse position on Nelson 7:
- Associate Degree candidates* from an accredited nursing program will be considered; provided they are either currently, or will be enrolled in an accredited RN to BSN program.
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree from an accredited nursing program preferred.
- Maintain active RN licensure in the state of Maryland
- No RN work experience required
* If you do not currently possess a BSN or MSN degree, matriculation requirements are as follows: (a) provide proof of BSN or MSN degree program acceptance to your hiring manager prior to completing orientation/probation; (B) complete the BSN or MSN degree program no later than three years from program enrollment; and (c) make steady progress toward completing the program by taking a minimum of three courses within 12 months of initial enrollment and each year thereafter.
The New Graduate Registered Nurse is responsible for:
-Coordinating care for assigned patients to promote the achievement of clinical outcomes.
-Providing evidence-based patient care based on the JHH nursing process, policy, procedures.
-Participating and promoting departmental and hospital safety standards.
-Effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships with a multidisciplinary health care team
-Ability to analyze data and make judgments regarding optimal patient care.
-Practicing responsible cost-effective use of resources.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.