New Grad RN - Medical Progressive Care Unit
Requisition #: 181034
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 19, 2019
Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. Upon joining Johns Hopkins, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join an employer that is a leader and innovator in the healthcare field.
New Graduate Registered Nurse: Medical Progressive Care Unit
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Pay Grade: RI
Join the Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated academic medical facility. Johns Hopkins nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
All new graduate nurses are automatically enrolled in the yearlong Adult Nurse Residency Program (NRP) to facilitate the successful transition to professional nursing practice.
- We Care by assuring continuity and patient-family centered care.
- We Influence through inter-professional collaboration, shared decision-making, and quality improvement.
- We Empower our nurses to govern their professional practice characterized by autonomy, mutual accountability, and trust.
- We Excel in clinical expertise and innovation. Our nurses have a variety advancement opportunities and possibilities for success.
Candidate qualifications for the New Graduate Registered Nurse position on the MPCU:
- Associate Degree candidates from an accredited nursing program will be considered; provided they are either currently, or will be enrolled in an accredited RN to BSN program within 90 days of hire.
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree from an accredited nursing program preferred.
- Maintain active RN licensure in the state of Maryland
- No RN work experience required
The New Graduate Registered Nurse is responsible for:
-Coordinating care for assigned patients to promote the achievement of clinical outcomes.
-Providing evidence-based patient care based on the JHH nursing process, policy, procedures.
-Participating and promoting departmental and hospital safety standards.
-Effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships with a multidisciplinary health care team
-Ability to analyze data and make judgments regarding optimal patient care.
-Practicing responsible cost-effective use of resources.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.