Experienced RN: Medicine / Telemetry Unit
Requisition #: 175500
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Nov. 20, 2019
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Nelson 6 is a 23-bed medical floor, with capacity for 12 patients in need of cardiac telemetry monitoring. RNs on the unit care for complex medical patients, specializing in pulmonary dysfunction (cystic fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension, Flolan management) and transplant (lung, kidney, and liver). There is great teamwork on the unit, and staff enjoy teaching and learning from each other. They also love celebrating events together on and off the unit, such as potlucks, birthdays, and holidays.
Shifts: 12 Hour shifts; Day & Night Rotating
- BSN/MSN preferred. Must be from an accredited nursing program.
- Applicants with an Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program may be considered; provided they are enrolled in an accredited BSN/MSN program within 1 year of hire and complete the degree within 5 years of hire.
- Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- RN work experience required
- Ability to role model and support practices consistent with evidenced based care, guide others with plan of care, independently make clinical decisions in complex situations, and proactively assist others with patient assignment.
Join The Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a patient centered collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Our nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.