Nurse Manager: Cardiac OR
Requisition #: 179532
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Nursing Management/Leadership
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Jan. 10, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Baltimore, Maryland--The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Pay grade: ML
Nurse Manager—Cardiac OR
The nurse manager for the Cardiac OR
- Provides leadership to achieve unit, departmental, and institutional objectives within a rapidly changing environment.
- Applies advanced knowledge of nursing and management to manage systems of patient care, personnel development, fiscal and unit operations, performance improvement, and program development.
- Promotes innovation and excellence in clinical, service, and team performance.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze and interpret complex data sets and reports (e.g. variance analysis, financial, quality population specific reports) to improve patient, financial, and quality care outcomes.
- Utilize verbal, non-verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships.
- Negotiate resolution of issues that are consistent with unit, departmental, and organizational objectives.
- Problem-solve and appropriately confront issues.
- Create a climate that fosters compassionate care, innovation, cooperation, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Use automated systems to access, transmit, and produce information. (e.g. e-mail, spreadsheet, Inter/intranet).
- Achieve results by effectively working through subordinates and others.
- Plan, organize, prioritize, and manage work.
- Adapt to rapidly changing priorities and environment.
- Maryland RN license
- Masters of Science or Doctorate Degree in nursing from an accredited school of Nursing
- 5 years related experience (OR experience preferred).
- Experience should include 3-5 leadership and/or management responsibilities
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.