Nurse Manager - Endoscopy/Pain/Outpatient Recovery
Requisition #: 209963
Location: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20001
Category: Nursing Management/Leadership
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Jan. 2, 2020
The Nurse Manager is accountable for assessing, planning, directing and evaluating nursing care in his/her area of responsibility. The Manager assures adherence to Sibley Memorial Hospital policies and procedures and supports and fosters the Sibley Memorial Hospital mission and vision. The Nurse Manager is responsible for the quality of care provided to patients and the processes that lead to continuous performance improvement. His/Her role includes clinical practice, staff development and continuing education, management and leadership, consultation and support. The manager works with members of administration, physicians and other members of the multi-disciplinary staff to assure that lines of communication are open and processes for quality patient care and problem resolution are in place.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to work effectively and creatively with others.
- Ability to utilize Patient Care Services process and management skills
- Ability to think clearly, plan well and communicate so that others can follow.
- Ability to handle stress, respond with maturity and maintain a sense of perspective.
- Ability to work long hours, evenings, nights, weekends as required.
- Physical stamina necessary to spend long periods of time actively moving about the unit/hospital.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, transfer, transport adult patients and hospital equipment as required.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in hospital nursing with demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Beginning level management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of leadership principles and demonstrated skills in area of practice.
- Current CPR Certification required.
Full time (40 hr/wk) day shift start: 7A end: 3P
Sibley Memorial Hospital provides a smoke-free workplace.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.