Nurse Manager: Inpatient Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Requisition #: 191566
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Nursing Management/Leadership
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Aug. 27, 2019
Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. Upon joining Johns Hopkins, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join an employer that is a leader and innovator in the healthcare field.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Nurse Manager for Inpatient Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (Meyer 7)
The Inpatient Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Unit on Meyer 7 is an 18-bed unit focused on patients requiring intensive rehabilitation in order to prepare for independent living after leaving the hospital.
Join the Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Johns Hopkins nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
Candidate qualifications for a Nurse Manager position:
- Five years of RN work experience in a rehab setting required; including 2 years with leadership and/or supervisory responsibilities
- Masters degree, in nursing from an accredited School of Nursing is required.
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited School of Nursing will be considered; provided they are either currently, or will shortly be enrolled in an accredited MSN program.
- An active Maryland RN license or compact license is required
- Specialty certification preferred
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
Nurse Manager Responsibilities:
- 24 hour accountability and authority for decisions regarding patient care, unit operations, and personnel management for designated unit(s).
- Directs and implements counseling, discipline, and performance management of unit staff. Monitors unit-affiliated staff compliance to customer service standards.
- Analyze and interpret complex data sets and report
- Utilize verbal, non-verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships.
- Negotiate resolution of issues that are consistent with unit, departmental, and organizational objectives
- Problem-solve and appropriately confront issues.
- Create a climate that fosters compassionate care, innovation, cooperation, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Use automated systems to access, transmit, and produce information.
- Achieve results by effectively working through subordinates and others.
- Plan, organize, prioritize, and manage work.
- Adapt to rapidly changing priorities and environment.
- Evaluates human and material resource utilization and makes necessary changes for recommendations
- Analyzes and monitors budget reports and variances; collaborates with finance and other business personnel to develop program plans
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.