Nurse Manager - Medical Progressive Care Unit
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Nursing Management/Leadership
- Day Shift
At Johns Hopkins, we stand in the forefront of healthcare and nursing practice, and we stand for our patients. Our Nurse managers play a significant role to ensure we uphold the highest standards of patient care – not just in Maryland, but around the world. Join the Johns Hopkins Hospital’s leadership team and Be a Part of Something BIGGER!
Nelson 5, the Medical Progressive Care Unit at The Johns Hopkins Hospital is a 21-bed high acuity step-down unit, caring for critically ill adult medical patients. Patient population includes those with complex organ disease, requiring mechanical ventilation, vasoactive drips, and continuous monitoring. Common medical diagnoses include sepsis, respiratory failure, GI bleed, liver failure, and DKA.
What Awaits You:
- Relocation Assistance - Receive monetary assistance if greater than 50 miles away
- Tuition Reimbursement - Up to $15,000 per fiscal year
- Dependent Child Tuition - Payment for up to 50% of child's tuition and eligible mandatory academic fees at an accredited, degree-granting institution
- Affordable and Comprehensive Benefits Package
Who Should Apply:
- MSN from an accredited nursing program required. Those without the required degree may be considered provided they enroll in an accredited MSN program within 12 months of hire
- Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
- Requires 5 years of experience as a registered nurse (within the specialty preferred), including 3-5 years of leadership and/or management responsibilities
- Ability to lead others, problem solve, analyze and interpret data, adapt to rapidly changing priorities and environments, and create a climate that fosters compassionate care, innovation, cooperation, collaboration, and teamwork
***Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons and religious beliefs. Requests for medical exceptions must be submitted at your occupational health screening. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins Health System remains committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients and our communities.
***Authorization to Work in the United States: Applicants who require sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.