Nurse Manager: Infectious Disease Unit
Requisition #: 183047
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Nursing Management/Leadership
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: April 11, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
The Nurse Manager of Nelson 4 (Infectious Disease & Pulmonary Hypertension Unit) requires five years of experience as a Registered Nurse and a minimum of three years supervisory experience on a related unit. Requires Master of Science Degree in Nursing. The Nurse Manager communicates regularly with a multi-disciplinary team so that they are aware of trends for long term problem solving.
Will assume management responsibilities such as:
- Personnel processes including staffing vacancies, personnel management, payroll practices, and performance review processes, and risk management
- Mentoring and managing others to promote quality, safety, and excellence in clinical care.
- Assuring that short-term problems are satisfactorily handled.
- Promoting and identifying quality improvement initiatives (clinical, financial, operational) that are aligned with departmental and organizational safety and operational goals.
- Identifying methods to promote cost-effective use of resources. Managing revenue and expense components of the unit budget.
- Works collaboratively with, and provides leadership for, a multidisciplinary health care team to optimize team performance and patient outcomes.
- Effective knowledge Hospital policy and procedures; Regulatory Standards
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.