Nurse Manager: Neonatal ICU (NICU)
Requisition #: 191925
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Nursing Management/Leadership
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Sept. 25, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Baltimore, Maryland--The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Pay grade: 1E
Nurse Manager--Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
The John’s Hopkins NICU is a 45 bed state of the art, level 4 intensive care unit that cares for the sickest of the sick newborns with diagnoses ranging from congenital anomalies to respiratory distress syndrome.
The Nurse Manager for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Provides leadership to achieve unit, departmental, and institutional objectives within a rapidly changing environment.
- Applies advanced knowledge of nursing and management to manage systems of patient care, personnel development, fiscal and unit operations, performance improvement, and program development.
- Promotes innovation and excellence in clinical, service, and team performance.
Major Areas of Responsibilities
Leadership & Accountability
- Vision: Creates a vision for exemplary nursing practice: quality, safety and service.
- Communication: Effectively and consistently communicates to superiors, peers, and employees. Routinely provides others with the information they need to perform their job responsibilities effectively.
- Sets Goals, Motivates and Aligns with the Organization: Inspires staff and generates commitment to the Johns Hopkins’ strategic priorities.
- Creates a Learning Environment: Develops staff and self through mentoring and continued education.
- Strategic Planning: Participate in the development and implementation of the JHHS Pediatric Nursing Strategic Plan.
- Manages Operations: Leads performance improvement efforts. Initiates better ways of doing things even in the absence of apparent problems. Develops and implements work plans and measures against established standards.
Requirements for Education/Licensure/Experience
- Active Maryland or other compact state RN license
- Masters of Science or Doctorate Degree in nursing from an accredited school of nursing
- 5 years related experience in pediatrics (med/surg or ICU preferred)
- Experience should include 3-5 leadership and/or management responsibilities
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.