Nurse Manager, Ortho/Trauma Surgical Unit
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Nursing Management/Leadership
- Day Shift
The Johns Hopkins Hospital is a world-renowned leader in patient care, serving the greater Baltimore community and patients from all across the globe. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff teams provide support throughout our many specialty departments and center, from primary visits to emergency care.
At Johns Hopkins, we stand in the forefront of healthcare and nursing practice, and we stand for our patients. Our Nurse managers play a significant role to ensure we uphold the highest standards of patient care – not just in Maryland, but around the world.
The Ortho / Trauma Surgical Unit (Zayed 11 East) is a 32 bed adolescent and adult surgical unit. Care and services provided: orthopedics, trauma, and general surgery. The unit has special device worn by all patients for continuous surveillance vital sign monitoring. This device will alert the nurse of abnormal vital signs
What Awaits You:
- Relocation Assistance - Receive monetary assistance if greater than 50 miles away
- Tuition Reimbursement - Up to $15,000 per fiscal year
- Dependent Child Tuition - Payment for up to 50% of child's tuition and eligible mandatory academic fees at an accredited, degree-granting institution
- Affordable and Comprehensive Benefits Package
Who Should Apply:
- MSN from an accredited nursing program required. Those without the required degree may be considered provided they enroll in an accredited MSN program within 12 months of hire
- Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
- Requires 5 years of experience as a registered nurse (within the specialty preferred), including 3-5 years of leadership and/or management responsibilities
- Ability to lead others, problem solve, analyze and interpret data, adapt to rapidly changing priorities and environments, and create a climate that fosters compassionate care, innovation, cooperation, collaboration, and teamwork
***Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons and religious beliefs. Requests for medical exceptions must be submitted at your occupational health screening. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins Health System remains committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients and our communities.
***Authorization to Work in the United States: Applicants who require sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.