Nurse Manager -- Pediatrics School Age Med/Surg Unit
Bloomberg 10 South is our pediatric medical/surgical unit that cares for patients ranging in age from 5-13 years. The medical patients on the unit may have such diagnoses as asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, renal failure and seizures. The surgical patients are a variety of different services including orthopedics, ENT, general pediatric surgery, genitourinary, neurosurgery and plastics. We are designated Maryland’s regional pediatric burn center by the Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS). Under this designation, our team of world-class specialists provide comprehensive care for all children under the age of 15 in the state of Maryland and surrounding communities, and treat all types of burns. The unit also includes four beds designated as the Pediatric EMU (Epilepsy Monitoring Unit).
The Nurse Manager for the Pediatrics School Age Med/Surg Unit...
- Provides leadership to achieve unit, departmental, and institutional objectives within a rapidly changing environment.
- Applies advanced knowledge of nursing and management to manage systems of patient care, personnel development, fiscal and unit operations, performance improvement, and program development.
- Promotes innovation and excellence in clinical, service, and team performance.
Major Areas of Responsibilities....
- Vision: Creates a vision for exemplary nursing practice: quality, safety and service.
- Communication: Effectively and consistently communicates to superiors, peers, and employees. Routinely provides others with the information they need to perform their job responsibilities effectively.
- Sets Goals, Motivates and Aligns with the Organization: Inspires staff and generates commitment to the Johns Hopkins’ strategic priorities.
- Creates a Learning Environment: Develops staff and self through mentoring and continued education.
- Strategic Planning: Participate in the development and implementation of the JHHS Pediatric Nursing Strategic Plan.
- Manages Operations: Leads performance improvement efforts. Initiates better ways of doing things even in the absence of apparent problems. Develops and implements work plans and measures against established standards.
- Maryland or compact state RN license
- Masters of Science or Doctorate Degree in nursing from an accredited school of Nursing
- 5 years related experience in pediatrics
- Experience should include 3-5 leadership and/or management responsibilities
Important Notice: Authorization to Work in the United States: Applicants who require sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.