Nurse Manager: ZBOR Neurosurgery
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Nursing Management/Leadership
- Day Shift
Baltimore, Maryland--The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Nurse Manager—Neuro/ortho/Trauma OR
The nurse manager for the Neuro/ortho/Trauma OR
- Provides leadership to achieve unit, departmental, and institutional objectives within a rapidly changing environment.
- Applies advanced knowledge of nursing and management to manage systems of patient care, personnel development, fiscal and unit operations, performance improvement, and program development.
- Promotes innovation and excellence in clinical, service, and team performance.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze and interpret complex data sets and reports (e.g. variance analysis, financial, quality population specific reports) to improve patient, financial, and quality care outcomes.
- Utilize verbal, non-verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships.
- Negotiate resolution of issues that are consistent with unit, departmental, and organizational objectives.
- Problem-solve and appropriately confront issues.
- Create a climate that fosters compassionate care, innovation, cooperation, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Use automated systems to access, transmit, and produce information. (e.g. e-mail, spreadsheet, Inter/intranet).
- Achieve results by effectively working through subordinates and others.
- Plan, organize, prioritize, and manage work.
- Adapt to rapidly changing priorities and environment.
- Maryland RN license
- Masters of Science or Doctorate Degree in nursing from an accredited school of Nursing
- 5 years related experience (OR experience preferred).
- Experience should include 3-5 leadership and/or management responsibilities
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.