Nurse Practitioner Associate - Inpatient Oncology
Requisition #: 454805
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Dec. 2, 2021
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner – Inpatient Oncology
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
The Johns Hopkins Hospital Inpatient Oncology Services care for acutely ill patients with cancer including those undergoing blood & marrow transplantation, surgery, chemotherapy and immunotherapy. Our patients have access to some of the most innovative and advanced therapies in the world. Because Kimmel Cancer Center research scientists and clinicians closely work together, new drugs and treatments developed in the research laboratory are quickly transferred to the clinical setting, offering patients improved therapeutic options and the chance to participate in innovative clinical trials.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Nurse Practitioner:
1) Conducts comprehensive and/or episodic health assessments of patients with acute distress.
2) Establishes and implements plan of care in safe and effective manner
3) Organizes workload to meet patient and organizational needs
4) Communicates with healthcare team members to assure patient and organizational needs are met
5) Participates in departmental research initiatives
Shifts: Full-time, 12 Hour Day Shifts, weekend work required
- MSN/DNP from an accredited nursing program required.
- Active Maryland or Compact RN and CRNP license are required
- Current certifications as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner in the State of Maryland or letter from MBON approving practice as a Nurse Practitioner Graduate while awaiting MD certification and completing of JHH affiliate credentialing as a Nurse Practitioner.
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- 3 years of RN work experience in oncology required
- No NP work experience required
***If you will be ordering or referring items or services for Medicare beneficiaries and you do not already have an enrollment record in the Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership Systems (PECOS), you will need to submit an enrollment application to Medicare to be eligible for employment.
Join The Johns Hopkins Hospital Advanced Practice Team and become part of a patient centered collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Our NPs are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
Johns Hopkins Health System requires all employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination status within 14 days of employment start. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons (more info will be shared throughout the hiring process).
Important Notice: Authorization to Work in the United States: Applicants who require sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.