Nurse Practitioner - General Pediatric Surgery
Requisition #: 183106
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: April 17, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Baltimore, Maryland: The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner --General Pediatric Surgery
Pay Grade: RO
The Nurse Practitioner works collaboratively within a multidisciplinary health team and is responsible for providing comprehensive and age appropriate care to both well and/or ill patients. The Nurse Practitioner educates patients and/or intervenes in acute or chronic illness. The Nurse Practitioner practices within the guidelines of the unit department, and institution. The Nurse Practitioner is granted affiliate staff privileges by the Johns Hopkins Hospital Medical Board; these privileges list specific tasks and are reviewed annually.
- Master's Degree from and accredited School of Nursing.
- Completion of accredited NP program in area of specialty (Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner).
- Current Registered nurse licensure in the state of Maryland.
- Current certification as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner in the state of Maryland.
- If you order or refer items or services for Medicare beneficiaries and you do not have an enrollment record in the Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System(PECOS), you will need to submit an enrollment application to Medicare to be eligible for employment.
- Three years of related clinical nursing experience.
- Advanced clinical skills in specialty area or equivilant
- Advanced research knowledge, including interpretation, utililization, and conduct.
- General computer knowledge and capability to use computer.
- Ability to incorporate into practice theoretical concepts and advanced clinical skills with patients, families, and interdisciplinary health care team members.
- Analytical ability necessary to diagnose patients and to develop and implement plans of action for long and short term management of acute and chronic health.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary health care team to enhance collaboration and problem-solving.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in order to provide information to patients and health care personnel.
- Ability to funcion effectively in a fluid, dynamic, and rapidly changing environment.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.